Sunday, June 1, 2008

TIMM: My Sunday Morning Commute

TIMM = Things I'll Miss the Most

We Parisians have a saying about the boring routine of our lives: "Métro, boulot, dodo" (subway, work, sleep). Like anywhere in the world, it's easy to get stuck in the rut of the daily grind and become immune to the amazing beauty of the city where we live.

It takes me 45 minutes to an hour to get to church by métro, and I admit that there are many Sundays when three hours (for the round trip plus the service) just seems like too much for church, so I stay home and sleep in and eat fresh croissants instead. But when I do manage to go, there's always one moment in my commute which makes it all seem worthwhile. Because when I come out of the métro at Alma-Marceau, this is what I see:


I never get tired of it, because every time I see it, I'm reminded how lucky I am: I see the Eiffel Tower on my way to church on Sunday morning. How cool is that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tres cool.
Ann