One thing I haven't lost is my French taste for decent yogurt: as soon as my flight from MSP had landed this morning, I went through security and then high-tailed it to a snack bar to buy some Jocky Fromage Blanc (literally "white cheese", but it's eaten like yogurt, with sugar, and is very, very delicious). I'm thinking I probably need to go get a good baguette sandwich before I board my next flight. Jambon beurre ? Mixte ? Or . . . maybe they'll have rillettes, with cornichons! Mmmmmmm . . .
And I've had several lovely conversations with France friends this morning. Does it really make sense to pay 50 euro cents per minute on my French mobile (I've already spent over 30 euros--probably about $40--on calls this morning) when I could call all these people for free from my Vonage phone in the U.S.? Absolutely! Somehow, it's much more satisfying to talk while we're in the same time zone.
Updates: P and A are doing well. Isabelle and EJ and the boys are getting ready to move to California in August, to spend 2 years there, so that'll be a fun place to visit them. My other friend I is traveling a lot for her job with nGo (the first place I worked in Paris), and she has to work more directly with my former boss there. She has my deepest sympathy. I also called the Office (the last place I worked in Paris) to say hello to my friends there, but no one could talk, because they're crazy busy, trying to finalize a huge project bid that has to go out tomorrow (and on which, I'm pretty sure, the company's survival literally depends). I'm SO glad I'm not there for that!
So my life is looking pretty good these days. Now I'm going to go get a good French sandwich, which will make it even better!
1 comment:
Post a Comment